Apple Pear Crisp
Serves 6-8 people
4 granny smith apples (cored, peeled and sliced)
4 bosc pears (cored, peeled and sliced)
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
8 oz butter (unsalted and softened)
8 oz all purpose flour
8 oz quick oats
8 oz light brown sugar
6 oz 35% whipping cream (no sugar) Whipping for the top of the crisp.
1. Line a small roasting pan (9” square) with butter, sprinkle it (the pan) with brown sugar.
2. Arrange slices of apple and pear in the pan.
3. To prepare the crumble mix, softened butter with the sugar, oats and flour. Mix well until the consistency is like small peas.
4. Loosely cover the apples & pears with the crumble and bake at 350 F until the top is browned. (about 25-40 minutes).
5. Whip the cream to a soft peak and serve over the crisp.
• Peeled apples and pears hold well in water with the juice of one lemon added. This stops them from browning.
• Place the bowl and whisk for whipping cream in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. A very cold bowl is the best for whipping cream.
Recipe courtesy of Liaison College Hamilton.